Dominique grew up in a large French Canadian family where all skills were needed to help with the heavy workload. At an early age, she developed an interest in sewing that quickly became a passion.
In the early days she started by making school uniforms for herself and her sisters. Later she graduated to creating costumes for big theatrical productions in California.
In 1993, Dominique moved to St Croix, US Virgin Islands and worked in an upholstery shop where she learned the craft of recovering furniture and making draperies.
In 1999, she opened her own workshop – Dominique Upholstery. Dominique now works closely with the top interior designers in the Virgin Islands, as well as with private clients and repeat customers.
With great love and enthusiasm for her craft, Dominique Upholstery has built a reputation of high standard performance and prompt service. Her close attention to details is what makes a difference.
- In three consecutive years (1996, 97 & 98), Dominique won the “First Prize”, “Honorable Mention” and “Design Award” for the National Craftsmanship Contest in the Upholstery Journal.
- August 2007 work appears on the cover of Architectural Digest
- August/September 2009 work appears on the cover of Caribbean Travel + Life
- August 2010 work appears on the cover of Coastal Living
- Work featured in Coldwell Banker St Croix Real Estate Magazine (multiple issues)